We offer young people the opportunity to undertake a Sports Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship.
This 30 hours per week Apprenticeship places young people within partner schools across Kent, where they will deliver a multitude of different subjects such as; PE, numeracy, literacy, breakfast clubs, lunchtime clubs, after school clubs, one-to-one pupil support, behaviour mentoring and additional support for children with physical and mental disabilities.
Our learners progress to complete the following qualifications:
• Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning (QCF)
• Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport (QCF)
• Level 2 NVQ in Activity Leadership (QCF)
• Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport (QCF)
• NVQ Level 2 or 3 Diploma (supplied by 1st4Sport) in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport
• Functional skills in English and Maths (if required)
• FA Level 1 Football Coaching Certificate.
The initial apprenticeship lasts for one year with the following progression paths available for each of our apprentices to consider…
• Stay at the school as a teaching assistant and expect the support to progress towards teacher status
• Seek alternative teaching assistant employment
• Opt for a career in sports coaching with prior teaching and planning experience
• Continue through a foundation degree to finish with QTS with PE specialism
At the end of a K Sports Apprenticeship, our learners will gain teaching assistant and sporting qualifications and develop their ‘classroom presence’. The schools we work with, will have gain a well-rounded, confident member of staff who can support existing teachers, deliver sports and activities and become a role model.
It’s a positive first step to a really rewarding career option and one we’ll be guiding you along with every move forward.
Call 01622 719402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or queries or to arrange a visit to meet us.