This 30 hours per week Apprenticeship places young people within partner schools across Kent, where they will deliver a multitude of different subjects such as; PE, numeracy, literacy, breakfast clubs, lunchtime clubs, after school clubs, one to one pupil support, behaviour mentoring and additional support for children with physical and mental disabilities.
Our learners will progress to complete the following qualificaitons:
• Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning (QCF)
• Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport (QCF)
• Level 2 NVQ in Activity Leadership (QCF)
• Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport (QCF)
• NVQ Level 2 or 3 Diploma (supplied by 1st4Sport) in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport
• Functional skills in English and Maths (if required)
• FA Level 1 Football Coaching Certificate.
The initial apprenticeship lasts for one year with the following progression paths available for each of our apprentices to consider…
• Stay at the school as a teaching assistant and expect the support to progress towards teacher status
• Seek alternative teaching assistant employment
• Opt for a career in sports coaching with prior teaching and planning experience
• Continue through a foundation degree to finish with QTS with PE specialism
At the end of a K Sports Apprenticeship, our learners will gain teaching assistant and sporting qualifications and develop their ‘classroom presence’. The schools we work with, will have gain a well-rounded, confident member of staff who can support existing teachers, deliver sports and activities and become a role model.
It’s a positive first step to a really rewarding career option and one we’ll be guiding you along with every move forward.
Call 0844 880 0048 (option 2) or email email@example.com with any questions or queries or to arrange a visit to meet us.