K Sports is delighted to announce we will be launching a full time football academy for 16-19 year old boys and girls from September 2018.
Academy players will be given the opportunity to study and train at one of Kent’s most exciting, new sports venues.
With the high-quality facilities available at K Sports Cobdown, the academy aims to offer a high quality experience with three focus areas around Education, Employability and Sporting Excellence.Click Here To Register Your Interest
The K Sports Under 19 Academy offers:
• High-quality education with a clear route into University in the UK and USA.
• Opportunities into employment by using relevant work placement through apprenticeships in sports coaching, personal training with our partner links within Kent Sports organisations and primary schools.
• Professional UEFA ‘A’ Licenced Coaching to ensure potential for maximum development and a professional training environment and games programme.
The education offer will depend on the academic levels of each student. The K Sports academic curriculum offer will consist of:
• Sports BTEC L1/L2 Diploma
• Sports BTEC L3 Extended Diploma
• BTEC L3 Certificate in Personal Training
• L3 Physical Education in School Sport (PESS)
• FA Coaching Level One
If students achieve the Sports BTEC L3 Extended Diploma to an overall D*D*D* grade they will achieve enough UCAS points to enrol on various sports-based degrees at university. All students will be taught by subject specialist tutors and where necessary English and Maths will be delivered to those who have not achieved GCSE C or above. Maths and English will be delivered throughout any qualification.
Relevant work placement of at least 100 hours per academic year will be arranged with local sports partners and/or primary schools based on each individual’s work aspirations. With excellent partner links in Kent, K Sports can also offer exit routes into a sports-based Apprenticeships.
Additionally, excellent relationships with universities who offer routes into Higher Education in England and with various partnerships to American Universities is also available.
Professional Training and Games Programme
The U19 Football Academy will timetable practical training sessions so students receive weekly professional UEFA ‘A’ and ‘B’ Licence standard coaching sessions delivered from a structured Academy Performance Plan, in accordance to the Elite Player Performance Plan and The FA Future Game document.
Where appropriate there will be opportunities for players to play in an organised and structured league, play professional football clubs, and to be entered into relevant tournaments, therefore increasing their opportunities of a route into semi-professional or professional football clubs. The Football Academy intends to develop a legacy which enables young people to continue to develop high-quality football participation and to develop, motivate and inspire others.
How is this going to happen?
18:00-19:00 at KSports Cobdown function suite on the following dates:
• Wednesday 20th December 2017
• Wednesday 10th January 2018
• Wednesday 7th February 2018
• Wednesday 14th March 2018
• Wednesday 28th March 2018
• Wednesday 4th April 2018
• Wednesday 16th May 2018
Open Football Sessions
• Wednesday 3rd January 2018, 10:00-12:00
• Wednesday 14th February 2018, 10:00-12:00
• Wednesday 4th April 2018, 10:00-12:00
• Wednesday 11th April 2018, 10:00-12:00
• Wednesday 30th May 2018, 10:00-12:00
• Wednesday 25th July 2018, 10:00-12:00
• Wednesday 1st August 2018, 10:00-12:00
Don’t just take our word for it…
“As both Sports Minister and local MP, I am delighted to see this huge opportunity for community sport here in Aylesford and I look forward to supporting its work and seeing the community make use of the many fantastic facilities the centre will be offering.”
Tracey Crouch MP
“There are fantastic facilities here. It’s a brilliant place for people to come and enjoy sport”
Peter Taylor, Former England U21s and Gillingham FC Manager